Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bears One



This is "Bears One" a Sioux Native American, that was shot as a black/white photo and I took creative license and added the colors. Although, I'm not sure if Bear One is male or female, I've choosen to paint it more "feminine" with the colors I've chosen.
I used Manganese Blue and Ultramarine blue for the scarf, for the face I used Q. rose+Gamboge+Burnt umber, with touches of Cobalt and Ultramarine blue for greying down. For the background, I used Alizarin Crimson and Phthalo green which gave me deep grape color.
The other thing that I wanted to share was that I had torn a full sheet into different sizes and it's been fun choosing what to paint on them.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool how you decided on the colors for this image. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful color choices Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila! Wonderful portrait! I just finished one too! Let's get together to paint again!

    ReplyDelete