Monday, September 21, 2009

Self Portrait


I decided to continue to work on this self portrait, since I wasn't liking the colors and I wanted to work more on the face. Sounds weird talking about me! I added more shading to the cheeks and lightened a few highlights and then I threw on some Holbien Peacock Blue.
This is Tom Lynch's shadow color that he likes to use, so I used it in my hair and in the background. I really like it!

I've finally accomplished a self portrait of myself. I wanted to do one for awhile but never got to it till now.

12 comments:

  1. good job altho i still prefer the original model...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you alright! Pretty, happy, warm and bright.....yup that's you...great job Sheila E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The painting captures your expression so well! Miss you and hope to get together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! How FUN! Great colors, too! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, very vibrant and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sheila, It's beautiful! You've captured your warm, lovely smile! (Hope you will let me post it on the FTM blog).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheila. A great job. I prefer the original model too. Congratulations from Chile, South America

    ReplyDelete