Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sax Player


I deepened up the pants and added more color to his skin.


Sax Player
10x14
Watercolor


Took this picture last summer at a craft fair. I've been wanting to do a painting with a musician and the funny thing is that my hubby is a guitarist! I've got some ideas about what I want to paint and what compositions but I've got to get him to model for me, which shouldn't be to difficult, he likes being in front of a camera :-) He also has a few guitars I want to take pictures of and do some paintings for.
Last year we went to a guitar show in Marin, California and I was surprise to find a artist there with some of his paintings of guitars and I thought what a great venue to sell, maybe I'll have to do that. ;-)



6 comments:

  1. I certainly think you should! Music and art are so close in relation to what people enjoy to relax and chill out. So get that hubby in front of a camera post haste and get painting!

    If this sax player is any indication of where you're heading with the series, I think it will be very successful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find your email so.... I want you to check this out. There is no entry fee!

    http://www.cac.ca.gov/artistcall/acdetail.php?id=22707

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Sheila! How exciting, I'm going to read through it and check it out. Thanks for sending. :-) I never knew this even existed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you pick and choose what/how you will paint from a photograph!!! The tea cup painting in earlier post is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete