Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sitting Bull Done!


I've finished up Sitting Bull for now, unless something else pulls me in and compels me to work on it. I darkened up the facial, shirt and lightened up some of the other highlights. I dont want to overwork it, which I feel that i've done already, so right now it's in the "No Touch" zone! only looky,lookey!

I've been taking small painting breaks to try to complete this and it's about done, I have some tweaking to do on the face and the fringe.





I haven't had much time for painting at all, since I've been coordinating my nephew's wedding that is happening this Sunday! Yikes! actually, I will be so relieved when it is done, since it has been a ongoing project that I've bee working on for the last six weeks.
Anyway... I was able to squeeze some painting time last night in and I've been wanting to do this painting of Sitting Bull, Lakota Sioux. I'm still working on it and hopefully I'll be able to get more time later to finish it.

7 comments:

  1. Great going girl! I love Sitting Bull and I love the colors you've chosen to paint his portrait! I can hardly wait for the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to comment on how many paintings you are able to produce so quickly and then I read you are busy planning a wedding! I don't know how you do it but keep of the great work! I love to see your art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a great portrait!!
    you've almost finished it, haven't you?
    great job !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so hard to find the time, but I'm glad you did. It's a wonderful portrait with fabulous color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. Just checking out new blogs and really like yours. Feel free to come check out mine if you'd like. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi Sheila
    your blog is now listed at TAD
    Please consider adding a TAD badge/link to your blog ..thank you
    cheers Kim aka laketrees

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! Sure looks like the real one.

    ReplyDelete