Tuesday, April 20, 2010

34/100 "Penny Experiment Art" - Feed the Hungry

# 34/100 "Penny Experiment Art"

"This is my journey as I try to see if I’m correct by turning that “worthless” penny into $1,000,000 of food for local food banks." Jeffrey Strain
http://www.pennyexperiment.com/


A great project was sent to my attention called the "Penny Experiment" created by Jeffrey Strain. He found a penny on the ground and felt called to turn a "worthless" penny into a $1 million dollars for food for local food banks. One of his projects to create money is to ask Artists to create little works of art 3x5 to 6x8 to be sold , the profits would be used to buy food for food banks.
Check out the Penny Art Gallery and there might be still openings for Artist to participate, email Jeffrey and check the website for more information and Facebook "Penny Experiment"

I completed my artwork and have sent this statement with it. It's my hope that more people will join his facebook fan page to give "power" to Jeffrey as he completes this life giving project.

Inspiration/About Art:
My inspiration of this piece was that I wanted to give “Power” to the project because I believe in it and see great service in feeding the hungry. If all of us stepped into our “Power” and did something for Humanity, what would life be like today?

When thinking of ideas of what to do I saw an ad that showed a powerful gladiator who was ready to do battle, the energy he projected was intense and I liked the idea of using him as a symbol of power for the success of the project in reaching its goal.


Significance of the Number: 34

I received # 34 randomly but the Universe happily sends messages to our soul. This number describes where I’m at on my path and it’s a confirmation that things aren’t as random as we tend to believe.

Looking up the # 34 on the internet, it says “The number 34 bestows spiritual wisdom through careful observation of people and things, and worldly success by learning through experience.

Reduced to a single entity 7, (3+4=7) this vibrates to the planet Neptune. It represents spirituality, sensitivity, sympathy and mystery. 7 is the number of illusion and delusion, sometimes deception but also the number of healing and miracles, faith and dreams that do come true.

If you are influenced by the number 34, 25, or 7, you tend to have remarkable dreams. Secretly, you have an intense interest in esoteric mysteries, mythology, the unknown etc. Often, your mere presence has a soothing effect on a troubled person. The 7 vibration is associated with peculiar ideas about religion, a dislike of following the beaten path and a tendency to adopt political beliefs which are unique and somewhat non-orthodox.


Materials: Watercolor and Pencil on Watercolor paper


Size: 4x6


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Good for you participating in the Penny Project. Love the submission and love your numerological analysis of the number received. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous post all the way around, Sheila. I love your gladiator and his penny medal belt. I hope that the piece raises a goodly sum for this cause too.

    ReplyDelete