Sunday, March 18, 2012

"Old" but "New" Dragonfly painting - Alma's Dragonfly

Hi There!

Gosh, I wanted to post this LAST year! LOL, oh well, life got in the way :-)

Alma's Dragonfly is a painting I did for my nephew Robbie and wife Alma. They always liked my other dragonfly painting I did and wanted one like it. For this one I wanted to experiment with different mediums, so I started it with Acrylic, then on to Watercolor and last touches were Pastel.


Top= 1st painting
Bottom = Alma's Dragonfly

As you can see here the differences between the two. (sorry about the bad lighting and reflections).




Alma's Dragonfly
22x30 Watercolor

Me below outside in the hot summer sun before it went home with them. (Gosh, I've got that, help I'm melting look :-)


1 comment:

  1. No you don't! You look great! Nice to see you working and posting. As always, color is your thing and you have a great way of handling it.

    ReplyDelete