It was cool to find this site and see all the incredible arts and crafts, and the deals are unbelievable. I'll be doing my shopping here in the future. Of course I wondered about sales, does anything really get sold here? I couldn't see if things were actually being sold (although I haven't fully check out the site). But then I found this statistic report that Etsy puts out and WOW! nice to see that a whopping 683,369 items were sold and generating $9.9 million for the month of January. This is a smart move for Etsy to post these statistics and let everyone see how well this is going and the potential sales you can have here on their site. See a partial report below, you can see more on their site .
Now that I've seen the statistics and I like the site I've created a account and I'll be thinking of the things I can make and sell here. What a great resource! I'm going to tell my family and friends about it. http://www.etsy.com/
Etsy Statistics: January 2009 Weather Report
| Story by winenutnyc |
Published on February 6, 2009 in Etsy News
Every year, January is an interesting month at Etsy: we know that sales will be down when compared to the prior month, December, but listings will go up, as folks re-stock their shops after the holiday season. We also pay very close attention to how sales change from week-to-week. As we approach Valentine’s Day we expect the last week of January to exceed the first.
We were pleased with January results: the numbers exceeded our expectations in these difficult economic times.
- $9.9 million of goods were sold; roughly 23% below December's sales figure (sales for the last full week of January represented a 9.3% increase above the first full week of January).
- That represents 683,369 items sold for the month, a 16.2% decrease from December's stats.
- 1,203,417 million new items were listed in January, up from 1,098,644 items or 9.2% vs. December.
- 138,000 new members joined the Etsy community, 16.3% below December's record number of new members.
- 443,468,017 page views were recorded on the site, an 8.1% increase compared to December.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Etsy community in January!